- 300g butter (unsalted)
- 300g dark chocolate
- 5 free-range eggs
- 450g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 jar of raspberry jam
We used raspberry jam, but it also works with Apricot Jam or Blackberry Jam. This sounds a lot of batter, but bear in mind the brownies do not rise a lot. You could reduce the quantity of sugar a bit as the jam will bring a lot of sweetness.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan) or Gas Mark 6.
- Prepare one large or two smaller baking tins lined with grease-proof paper. (If you do two baking tins you could try a couple of different jams!)
- Gently melt the butter and chocolate in a bain-marie.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate and butter to the eggs and sugar.
- Sift in the flour and salt.
- Pour mixture into the baking tin or tins.
- Dollop the teaspoons of jam over the batter fairly evenly and use a skewer or chopstick to gently spread the jam across the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in a hot oven until the top has a little crust.