Work for us
Want to work for us in our small batch, independent growing business? We’re hiring!
Sales Assistant (Seasonal) / Market Staff
- £11 / hour + 12.07% holiday pay + bonus
- Variable weekend work
- April / May 2023 through to October 2023
- Must have a full, clean driving licence
- Immediate start
GingerBeard’s Preserves is looking for reliable and enthusiastic people to sell our products at food festivals and markets.
Successful candidates need to be self-motivated, organised and have excellent customer service. This is an active role where you will be required to set-up and break down the market stall, lift boxes and load and unload a vehicle on your own.
The right people will be keen to be part of a small, independent and growing company and passionate about the local food and drink scene (beard not compulsory!).
About GingerBeard’s Preserves:
GingerBeard’s Preserves was founded in a one-bed basement flat in Montpellier, Bristol in 2014 by Harry Calvert and Claire Charras. The mission is to bring our awesome-tasting preserves and sauces to the people of Bristol and beyond. We are a small batch and independent, now producing around 60,000 units a year, by hand, in our unit in Kingswood, Bristol.
As Sales Assistant you will be responsible for all aspects of running a market stall for the day (setting up a gazebo, setting up tables and shelves for product display, sales, breaking down, and loading/unloading vehicle).
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing and packing your stock from the unit (where possible) and collecting it from the unit;
- Setting up and breaking down the stall according to training;
- Keeping the stall clean, tidy, well-presented and well-stocked;
- Serving customers & taking payments using iZettle (via your smartphone, a battery pack will be provided).
Daily hours will vary depending on the duration and location of each market, on average this is a 10 hour day. You can be flexible with your choice of days.
You will be expected to travel across the South West and must have a clean driving licence. Occasional access to own vehicle to go to events (mileage reimbursed) is highly desirable.
You will be fully trained up and be shadowing one of the team for a day.
- You will have excellent customer service and sales experience, good communication skills and a desire to become an ambassador for the company
- You will be able to work independently with minimum supervision whilst displaying a team player attitude. You will have the ability to take initiative and work proactively.
- This is a physically demanding role so you need to be physically fit.
- You will need to be flexible with working hours and willing to travel.
- You will be interested and willing to learn about all our product range in order to skilfully inform customers on the market stall.
- You will be confident, trustworthy, self-motivated and well organised.
- A passion for local food, drink and cooking is a bonus!
- Some experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential.
- A full, clean driving licence is essential.
- Access to own vehicle is essential, but we will endeavour to give you access to the company van as often as possible.
Salary & Company Benefits
- £11 p/hour + 12.07% holiday pay + bonus based on sales
- Flexible working hours – ability to work weekends essential.
- Full training on setting up and running a market stall given, along with training materials.
- Access to company van as often as possible.
- Take home some delicious preserves!
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV and brief covering letter / email to email@example.com explaining why you would like to work for us by. Interviews may be offered before the closing date and the shortlisted candidates will be invited to a trial shift.
We are always looking for people to help us on market stalls so please don’t hesitate to drop us a line!
GingerBeard’s Preserves values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace.