Sales Assistant (Seasonal)
GingerBeard’s Preserves is looking for reliable and enthusiastic people to sell our products at food festivals and markets.
Successful candidates need to be self-motivated, organised and have excellent customer service. This is an active role where you will be required to set-up and break down the market stall, lift boxes and load and unload a vehicle on your own.
The right people will be keen to be part of a small, independent and growing company and passionate about the local food and drink scene (beard not compulsory!).
As Sales Assistant you will be responsible for all aspects of running a market stall for the day (setting up a gazebo, setting up table and shelves for product display, sales, breaking down, loading/unloading vehicle).
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing and packing your stock from the unit (where possible) and collecting it from the unit;
- Setting up and breaking down the stall according to training;
- Keeping the stall clean, tidy, well-presented and well-stocked;
- Serving customers & taking payments using iZettle (via your smartphone, a battery pack will be provided).
Daily hours will vary depending on the duration and location of each market, on average this is a 10 hour day. We are looking for a small crew of people, so you can be flexible with your choice of days.
Our peak summer period runs from May to October (inclusive). There will be opportunities to come back during the peak Christmas period (November – December).
You will be expected to travel across the South West and must have a clean driving licence. Occasional access to own vehicle to go to events (mileage reimbursed) is essential.
You will be fully trained up and be shadowing one of the team for a day.
- You will have excellent customer service and sales experience, good communication skills and a desire to become an ambassador for the company
- You will be able to work independently with minimum supervision whilst displaying a team player attitude. You will have the ability to take initiative and work proactively.
- This is a physically demanding role so you need to be physically fit.
- You will need to be flexible with working hours and willing to travel.
- You will be interested and willing to learn about all our product range in order to skilfully inform customers on the market stall.
- You will be confident, trustworthy, self-motivated and well organised.
- A passion for local food, drink and cooking is a bonus!
- Some experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential.
- A full, clean driving licence is essential.
- Access to own vehicle is essential, but we will endeavour to give you access to the company van as often as possible.
Salary & Company Benefits
£10 p/hour + bonus
Flexible working hours – ability to work weekends essential.
Full training on setting up and running a market stall given, along with training materials.
Access to company vehicle as often as possible.
Take home some delicious preserves!
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV and brief covering letter / email explaining why you would like to work for us to email@example.com by 5PM on Thursday 31 March. Interviews may be offered before the closing date and the shortlisted candidates will be invited to a trial shift.
GingerBeard’s Preserves values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace.